This recipe was one that I created as a project for one of my nutrition classes at Purdue. But I am still OBSESSED with it so I thought I would share it with ya’ll! Hope you love it as much as I do!
1/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt
2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of lime juice
1 tablespoon of freshly grated lime zest
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 salmon fillets
Lime wedges for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Zest the lime and then squeeze the lime juice out for the recipe
- Peel the skin off and finely chop the ginger.
- Whisk together the yogurt, ginger, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, honey, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place salmon in a shallow glass dish and pour the marinade over it. Turn the salmon to coat on all sides.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Place Salmon in the oven. Cook for 10-20 minutes or until the salmon reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.